Every moment that your computer is connected to the internet, you are susceptible to viruses or malware. You do not have to be an IT security expert to ensure that your computer systems are secure. There are plenty of free and low-cost options for anti-virus for your farm office. Here are five free anti-virus options for your farm's computer:
1. Existing Provider – You may not realize it, but as a part of your telecommunications service for internet, or even cellular service, you can often get free antivirus along with other security tools. Before you try and before you buy, check if your service provider offers free computer security software as a part of your service.
2. AVG AntiVirus Free 2015 – AVG’s free version includes link protection for browser security, antivirus and a featured called "file shredder" that deletes files securely.
3. Avast Free Antivirus 2015 – Avast’s free software includes antivirus, anti-malware, home network security and browser cleanup.
4. Comodo Free Antivirus – Comodo offers anti-virus, anti-spyware and a defense option free.
5. Avira Free Antivirus – Avira includes computer protection, internet protection, safe browsing options for children, and mobile protection for Android devices.
Are you interested in a multi-user solution? Check out the business versions of the above software providers. Generally, there is a fee per licensed user/computer. Above all, it is important that you use anti-virus software to keep your systems running smoothly.
The opinions of Jessica Michael are not necessarily those of Farm Futures or the Penton Farm Progress Group.