Are you still using gmail or another service provider for your business emails? Did you know that you could create your own custom email address easily?
A domain name is the identifier used to define a realm of authority or control on the internet. To put it simply, it is the name and extension of your website, such as farmfutures.com.
A custom email domain adds legitimacy and professionalism to your business, and you do not need an expert to get one!
Here are a few easy steps explaining how to get your own custom email domain:
1. Visit Google for work to sign up.
2. Select, "Get started."
3. Enter your name, the current email account you utilize, your business name, your number of employees and your telephone number. Click, "Next."
4. Select, "Buy a new domain now." Then, select, "Next."
5. Type in your desired domain, and select, "Check Availability."
6. Once it says, "yourdomain.com is available!" you can enter your address and select, "Next."
7. Choose your username such as [email protected], and create a password.
8. Then select, "Accept and signup."
Congratulations! You now have a custom email domain using Google's Gmail service and Google Apps. This is not the only way to purchase and setup a custom email domain, but it is one of the easiest.
The opinions of Jessica Michael are not necessarily those of Farm Futures or the Penton Farm Progress Group.