Does the wireless internet connection in your farm office have dead spots? If you experience frequent drops in Wi-Fi access in your smart office, you may want to consider a mesh Wi-Fi network.
A mesh Wi-Fi network uses multiple routers to communicate to one another - no matter where you are in your office, you are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Utilizing these system kits does requirement an investment. Before making a purchase, assess whether you need a mesh network. If you have a single level space of up to 4,000 square feet, you may only need to get a stronger router. If you have multiple floors and larger space, here are five kits that can help you easily set up a mesh network in your smart office:
1) Netgear Orbi is a highly-reviewed mesh WiFi system that boasts reliability. The two-unit system covers up to 4,000 square feet and can expand to 6,000 square feet. The system retails for $379.99.
2) Google WiFi is available as a standalone access point or you can expand it to the three-point system covering up to 4,500 square feet. The three-set system is available online for $299.00.
3) Eero is a simple mesh Wi-Fi system that includes three access points for coverage of 2,000 to 4,000 square feet. The system retails for $499. For Amazon Echo owners, the Eero has Alexa integration.
4) AmpliFi retails for $349 with a base station and two mesh points offering an easy-to-use mobile app for setup. The company also sells extenders individually. The range is up to 20,000 square feet! This system is a great solution for an office where wall materials interfere with wireless coverage.
5) Luma Surround WiFi offers Amazon Alexa integration, an app and retails for $399 for a three-pack system. The system has coverage of up to 4,500 square feet.
Need to expand coverage to the farm? See: Boost wireless signals around the farm.