Catch up with the latest GMO labeling and GMO cultivation headlines below, chronicling key developments in GMO cultivation and labeling laws in Oregon, Hawaii and Vermont.
Oregon GMO labeling vote
1. Oregon GMO labeling measure 92 'too close to call.' Pundit suggests ballot recount for Measure 92 may be next step. KPTV
Jackson County, Ore., GMO cultivation ban
2. Overturn GMO cultivation law or pay up. Two Jackson County farms that grow Roundup Ready alfalfa have filed a lawsuit asking a state court to end the county's voter-approved ban on cultivation of genetically modified crops. Mail-Tribune
Vermont GMO labeling legal challenge
3. Starbucks isn't fighting Vermont's GMO labeling law. Starbucks says it has been wrongly accused in online petitions of supporting a Grocery Manufacturers Association lawsuit to block Vermont's GMO labeling law. Reuters
Maui County, Hawaii GMO cultivation ban
4. Monsanto, Dow sue Maui County regarding new GMO law. Companies say GMO ban interferes with and conflicts with long-established state and federal laws that support both the safety and lawful cultivation of GMO plants. AP
5. Maui County delays GMO moratorium. Advocates for Maui County’s moratorium on farming genetically engineered seeds will have to wait at least four more months before the ban could become a reality. Honolulu Civil Beat
Are you interested in the GMO discussion? Penton Farm Progress Special Projects Editor Holly Spangler this summer explored GMO foods, GMO labeling and the general genetically modified food debate in an exclusive series. Follow the links below for more.