For the week, how did commodity markets do?
- Corn prices ended 1.7% lower and have fallen five of the past six weeks.
- January soybean futures were down just over 0.85%.
- CBOT wheat was 4.6% lower, Kansas City HRW was down 4.2%, and MGEX Spring Wheat fell 1.9%.
- On Dec. 8, USDA reported 9.8 million bushels of soybeans for delivery to China and 4.7 million bushels of soybeans for delivery to unknown destinations. Earlier in the week, there was a sorghum sale to China.
- The East Coast has the best chance for significant precipitation over the weekend. There's snow in Houston, Texas, and Birmingham, Alabama.
Dec. 12, WADSE report:
- The next WASDE report is coming up on Dec. 12. To prepare, as many as 27 industry analysts provided estimates on some key production figures ahead of the report’s release. The analysts offered projections on several key U.S. and global stock estimates, as well as analysis on South American grain production.