Need to catch up? Here are some food, agriculture and farm stories you might have missed this week.
1. 'No deal' on TPP. Lawmakers still aren't happy with Japan's agricultural trade demands in TPP deal. Farm Futures
2. Food stamps' downward trend. Economic improvement is getting more Americans off food stamps. Bloomberg
3. Feral swine control. USDA considering sodium nitrate to keep feral hog populations from spreading. Farm Press
4. Local food. The definition of local food varies, according to federal, municipal entities. (infographic). USA Today
5. UAV commercialization. Trimble, Yamaha seek FAA permission for commercial, agricultural unmanned aerial vehicle testing. PC World
6. 'Pink slime' case. Four journalists have been subpoenaed in BPI's "pink slime" defamation case. Columbia Journalism Review
7. OSHA clarification. OSHA has issued its clarified small farm safety enforcement memo with farm group input. Farm Progress
And your bonus:
Farm to school. Integrated farm-to-school program includes raising, butchering and cooking school-raised hogs. Civil Eats
AFBF launches immigration ad. As the House puts off August recess to discuss a border bill, AFBF and the Partnership for a New American Economy this week released a new video featuring a Texas farmer dealing with immigration issues.